The 2013 gay4soccer Draft: Day 5
We’re in the home stretch for our countdown of our favorite 2013 SuperDraft picks, chosen and ranked by a panel’s determination of their hotness. And while superficial in the ranking, I find that going through this process helps me learn so much about these guys as players as well.
How do you think we’re doing so far in our picks? Let us know on Twitter or Facebook!
- Drafted by San Jose Earthquakes in Round 2, Pick 14
- Midfielder, University of San Diego
- A driving force in USD’s 2012 NCAA run and quite possibly the only draft pick to link to his personal Facebook page in his MLS profile.
- 5′ 11″ 175 pounds
- Hometown of Escondido, California
6. Erik Hurtado
- Drafted by Vancouver Whitecaps in Round 1, Pick 5
- Forward, Santa Clara University
- The last player from Santa Clara to be named West Coast Conference player of the year before Hurtado was MLS alumnus and soccer ally Peter Lowry
- 5’9″ 180 pounds
- Hometown of Fredricksburg, Virginia
- Drafted by FC Dallas in Round 2, Pick 1
- Midfielder, University of California Los Angeles
- PAC 12 Player of the Year and a record-breaker for assists in high school. But Hollingshead won’t actually be playing for FC Dallas, opting to start a church in Sacramento with family.
- 6’1″ 180 pounds
- Hometown of Sacramento, California